The tried-and-tested expertise of MKRG’s Real-estate and Construction Law department on all questions relating to real-estate law has been highly appreciated for many years by companies in the building industry, mid-sized enterprises, project developers, property owners, municipalities, transport operators, utilities and corporate bodies, real estate companies, project owners, plant construction firms, project controllers, architects, engineers, estate agents and international investors.
Awards: in 2009 MKRG received the UK’s ACQ finance magazine’s ACQ Country Award in the “Real Estate Law Firm of the Year – Germany” category. Such praise has been received continuously by MKRG’s specialists in the real-estate section: “Their work in employment and real estate law is an especially outstanding area of their services.” (Juve 2015/16)
Our services focus on projects in all the main areas of real-estate and construction operations. These include infrastructure projects and facilities, public supply facilities, industrial buildings and installations, office buildings and commercial facilities, shopping and leisure centres, events halls and arenas, hotels and resorts, clinics and facilities for the elderly as well as house-building and modernisation projects.
Our specialists in the Real-estate and Construction Law department work in close cooperation with their colleagues in the Public Commercial Law/Public Procurement Law, Company Law/M&A and Tax Law department. This ensures full-service advise and tailor-made solutions for our clients.
Close connections to the project itself is equally important, which is why the experts from the Real-estate and Construction Law department are regularly present on site in order to ensure fast and efficient advice.
Their expertise covers all areas relating to the purchase, sale, development and operation of real estate and building plots of all kinds. The focus is on both private projects and projects with public sector involvement and which have implications, for example, for the legal aspects of public procurement.
In this field, MKRG regularly acts as an advisor to both domestic and international investors on the subject of land and property transactions (from due diligence to transaction documentation), project financing, dealings with public authorities and full-service advice, development and negotiation relating to contracts, in many cases also on a cross-border scale.
If it occasionally proves impossible to resolve a dispute by negotiation, the MKRG advisors also support their clients in legal proceedings and in out-of-court mediation and arbitration operations.
Fields of Operation
- Advice on the planning of real-estate projects
- Advice on the drafting and examination of contracts
- Advice on project development
- Advice on public-private partnership projects
- Advice on project financing
- Tenders and award procedures
- Representation on audits relating to tender awards
- Assertion and defence of claims
- Advice on interruptions to construction operations
- Appraisal of construction time extension applications
- External support for project management/accompaniment of customer acceptance and start-up operations
- Auditing of warranty periods and claims
- Measures to ensure preservation of evidence
- Advice on the removal of defects
- Identifying and dealing with construction damage
- Advice on planning and implementation defects
- Advice on the letting and renting of property
- Advice on the management of property
- Drafting of terms and conditions
- Advice on and implementation of due-diligence examinations
- Assessment of risks relating to real-estate law
- Advice on and implementation of real-estate transactions
- Advisory services in avoiding and resolving conflicts
- Representation in mediation and out-of-court arbitration proceedings
- Representation in legal proceedings
- Drawing up of legal appraisals and opinions
- Commercial real-estate law
- Public and private building law
- Land law
- Leasehold law
- Sale of property law
- Company law and M&A
- Banking and financial law
- Real-estate brokerage law
- Commercial landlord/tenant law
- Contract law
- Public procurement law
- Public commercial law