Nowadays there is hardly any legal context in which companies and their legal advisors don’t need to think in cross-border dimensions. In this respect tax law has always played a leading role. On the one hand developments in tax regulations tend to be implemented at great speed in terms of new legislation and its legal application, while on the other hand there are few domestic or international transactions without implications in terms of taxation. The relevant interfaces range from transaction, company and financial law to accounting regulations, legal structuring with foreign dimensions and of course all the issues relating to the transfer of shares and assets etc.
The aim of our tax accountancy services, which are provided on a value-oriented basis to both domestic and international corporate and private clients, is to safeguard and wherever possible grow the assets of these clients. One special focus is on accompanying and optimising changes in company or transfer pricing structures from a taxation point of view.
In the process MKRG provides not just solid economic and legal benefits. Since the ‘Lux Leaks’ and the ‘Panama Papers’ the transparency of legal structures and compliance with appropriate tax rates at the corporate level are becoming increasingly critical issues. Irrespective of the legal application itself, if the public has a negative impression of a company’s tax affairs, this can lead to a significant loss of reputation. We help you to avoid any negative discussion of your tax affairs, ensuring that things never reach this point.
Our Tax experts advise clients in particular on compliance with tax legislation throughout their business operations. Optimising the tax and accounting structure is essential in M&A transactions. With our guidance on tax law we ensure that our clients can negotiate the complex territory of tax legislation as safely as possible. In order to assert the interests of our clients in all areas of tax law we of course also represent them in dealings with the financial authorities and in court proceedings.
We will be happy to cooperate with your own accountants or auditors. We also cooperate with other tax accountants with regard to ongoing compliance and we maintain close contacts within our international network . In addition, we have access to the global network of a major international firm of tax consultants.
Fields of operation
- Support on all aspects of tax law relating to changes in corporate structure or the restructuring of financing
- Transfer pricing structures
- Due diligence in relation to tax legislation together with tax structuring in connection with M&A transactions
- Advising on legal tax optimisations and the exploitation of potential tax benefits
- Tax law guidance in the selection of the most suitable corporate form and structure as well as the implementation of fiscal unity schemes
- Advice on taxation in critical business and/or financial situations (e.g. debt to equity swaps and liquidation)
- Advice on company succession and succession planning
- Integration of non-profit-making legal structures
- Legal opinions on individual taxation questions
- Support relating to company audits
- Representation on tax issues in relation to the authorities and courts
- Compliance with tax affairs
- Tax law
- International Tax law
- Transfer pricing
- Accounting law
- Commercial and company law
- Financial law
- Fiscal offenses law
- Revenue law
- Inheritance law