REAL ESTATE & CONSTRUCTION
The tried-and-tested expertise of MKRG’s Real Estate and Construction department on all questions relating to real-estate law has been highly appreciated for many years by companies in the building industry, mid-sized enterprises, project developers, property owners, municipalities, transport operators, utilities and corporate bodies, real estate companies, project owners, plant construction firms, project controllers, architects, engineers, estate agents and international investors.
Awards: in 2009 MKRG received the UK’s ACQ finance magazine’s ACQ Country Award in the “Real Estate Law Firm of the Year – Germany” category. Such praise has been received continuously by MKRG’s specialists in the real-estate section: “Their work in employment and real estate law is an especially outstanding area of their services.” (Juve 2015/16)
Our services focus on projects in all the main areas of real-estate and construction operations. These include infrastructure projects and facilities, public supply facilities, industrial buildings and installations, office buildings and commercial facilities, shopping and leisure centres, events halls and arenas, hotels and resorts, clinics and facilities for the elderly as well as house-building and modernisation projects.
Our specialists in the Real Estate and Construction department work in close cooperation with their colleagues acting in the field of Public Commercial Law, Public Procurement Law, Company Law, Financial Law and Tax Law. This ensures full-service advise and tailor-made solutions for our clients.
Close connections to the project itself is equally important, which is why the experts from the Real Estate and Construction department are regularly present on site in order to ensure fast and efficient advice.
Their expertise covers all areas relating to the purchase, sale, development and operation of real estate and building plots of all kinds. The focus is on both private projects and projects with public sector involvement and which have implications, for example, for the legal aspects of public procurement.
In this field, MKRG regularly acts as an advisor to both domestic and international investors on the subject of land and property transactions (from due diligence to transaction documentation), project financing, dealings with public authorities and full-service advice, development and negotiation relating to contracts, in many cases also on a cross-border scale.
If it occasionally proves impossible to resolve a dispute by negotiation, the MKRG advisors also support their clients in legal proceedings and in out-of-court arbitration operations (ADR).
FIELDS OF OPERATION
- Advice on the drafting of contracts
- Advice on the examination of contracts
- Project-related legal advice
- Assertion and defence of claims
- Advice on interruptions to construction operations
- Auditing of warranties
- Advice on project development
- External support for project management
- Advice on the letting and renting of property
- Advice on the management of property
- Tenders and award procedures
- Representation on audits relating to tender awards
- Advice relating to construction permit and development plan proceedings
- Assessment of risks relating to real-estate law
- Advice on investment and project financing
- Support in optimising of equity capital
- Advice on transactions and joint ventures
- Implementation of due-diligence examinations
- Drawing up of legal appraisals and opinions
- Advisory services in avoiding and resolving conflicts
- Representation in legal proceedings
- Representation in adjudication and arbitration
- Representation in ADR proceedings
- Commercial real-estate law
- Private building law
- Public building law
- Land law
- Leasehold law
- Sale of property law
- Commercial landlord/tenant law
- Company law
- Financial law
- Real-estate brokerage law
- Public procurement law
- Public commercial law