Matthias Berger is a partner at MKRG. He advises both public sector and corporate clients in the area of public procurement law and also carries out forensic operations on their behalf.
The focal points of Matthias Berger’s work cover the legal aspects of the awarding of public contracts, state aid, municipal affairs and public budgets, waste and local passenger transport, as well as public construction and planning. He has comprehensive experience in all these areas of law.
A further specialisation is the preparation and implementation of public-private partnerships (PPP) in civil engineering, in particular relating to schools, town halls, university buildings and roadbuilding projects, together with privatisation projects in waste water and waste management, cleaning of buildings, catering and other areas.
Matthias Berger has been with MKRG since 2005, after previously working for other corporate law firms in a number of capacities.
Fields of operation
- Consulting on and support of PPP projects
- Advice on and support of tenders and procurement procedures of all kinds
- Follow-up audits
- Implementation of cost-effectiveness studies
- Execution of contract management
- Advice on applications for subsidies
- Advice on and support for local passenger transport projects
- Public commercial law
- Public procurement law
- Municipal law
- State aid law
- Local passenger transport law
- Rescue law
- Düsseldorf Bar Association
- Forum Vergabe e. V. (Forum on Public Procurement)
- ARGE Verwaltungsrecht Deutscher Anwaltverein (German Association of Lawyers – Administrative Law)