Dr. Stefan Krüger is a partner with MKRG and specialises in all aspects of financing and insolvency law. In terms of financing law his clients include factoring and leasing companies as well as credit insurers, whom he advises – in particular in relation to financial crises and insolvency – on the formulation of contracts and legal disputes with insolvency administrators (in contesting insolvencies), debtors and customers.
In terms of insolvency, financing, company and employment law he advises companies, their management bodies, shareholders and creditors on reorganisation and insolvency.
In addition, he has extensive experience in distressed M&A operations involving the sale of companies in a critical condition. Dr. Stefan Krüger’s transaction consultancy relating to both the vendor and the purchaser covers structured M&A processes, ranging from due diligence to the drafting of contracts and implementation of negotiations.
Furthermore, he offers legal advice in cases of individual and collective employment law, including the design of social compensation plans, the reconciliation of interests and company-based wage agreements, and regularly provides consulting in relation to the resignation or dismissal of management personnel.
He also advises companies on legal issues relating to interim management, on company, trade and insurance law as well as commercial tenancy law. The focal point of his activities – which aslo include forensic operations – in company law lies with providing support for restructuring and disputes among shareholding partners.
Dr. Stefan Krüger has been with MKRG since 2013, prior to which he worked with a number of other corporate law firms in various capacities, since 2010 as a partner.
Fields of operation
- Advising and supporting creditors in insolvency proceedings and crisis situations
- Advice and support for companies, their management bodies and shareholders in reorganisations and insolvencies
- Advice on and design of social compensation plans, the reconciliation of interests and company-based wage agreements
- Legal issues relating to interim management
- Advice and support on the sale and acquisition of enterprises, in particular in the field of distressed M&A operations
- Advice and support in relation to the resignation or dismissal of management personnel
- Advice relating to company law, in particular on restructuring and disputes among shareholding partners
- Advice and support on issues of trade and insurance law as well as commercial tenancy law
- Financial law, in particular relating to factoring and leasing
- Insolvency law
- Company law and M&A
- Individual employment law
- Collective employment law
- Trade law
- Commercial tenancy law
- Insurance law
- Düsseldorf Bar Association
- Arbeitskreis für Insolvenzwesen Köln e.V. (Cologne Working Group on Insolvency Law)